Our weekend getaway

We had hoped for a big trip this summer, but of course that didn't happen. We have spent several weekeds camping with our kids. But last weekend Greg and I got away alone together. We were camped a hundred yards or so from the bank of the Henry's Fork of the Snake River. I'm so grateful I live in an area where we can still get out and enjoy nature. I'm a little worried about our long winter.....

When we camp with the kids, I am mostly taking photos of them. This time I was able to do more landscape photography, which I love!!

Fishing is a popular sport here.

_DSC1176.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC4521.jpg

_DSC4546.jpg

A nearby Heron that we saw every day enjoyed fishing too!!
_DSC1078.jpg

_DSC1278.jpg

_DSC1321.jpg

The river and the woods along the bank are so peaceful and beautiful.

_DSC4062.jpg

_DSC4413.jpg

_DSC4427.jpg

_DSC4437.jpg

_DSC4441.jpg

_DSC4449.jpg

_DSC4475.jpg

_DSC4573.jpg

Last edited:
All are very nice but the first photo beneath the photo of the bird is really magical in a natural sort of way.

The first photo of the fly fisherman is great too. Have you ever had a chance to make a similar photo in better light with golden light lighting up the fishing line against a dark background?

If you number the photos, people will more easily be able to reference specific photos. A bit of a pain to do the numbering, but your series is so well worth the trouble.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All are very nice but the first photo beneath the photo of the bird is really magical in a natural sort of way.

The first photo of the fly fisherman is great too. Have you ever had a chance to make a similar photo in better light with golden light lighting up the fishing line against a dark background?

If you number the photos, people will more easily be able to reference specific photos. A bit of a pain to do the numbering, but your series is so well worth the trouble.
I got the photos numbered. Sorry I didn't do that earlier. That would be fun to have neater light on the fisherman. Our light conditions were pretty harsh except for one afternoon when we arrived because we had a brief rainstorm. Maybe I'll get the chance to stay there again. It's hard to get reservations in this particular campground. It's very popular.

I like the one where the light is just hitting the trees, but they all show off a pretty place.
Thank you Allan. You would love all the birds there. There was an osprey fishing every day. I'm not a great bird photographer and don't really have a good lens for it, so I didn't even try to capture a photo of it. But I sure love watching it dive for food.

What a beautiful, peaceful and scenic place to spend a few days! I can imagine you both enjoyed the opportunity to completely relax and just savor being there, participating in Nature's astonishing variety, taking in that beautiful scenery. All of the images are just lovely, and of course I smiled when I saw the photos of the GBH.....

These are all beautiful, Terri. You're making me envious.

I see you gave your old D610 some exercise. Good for you!
Thank you, Jim. We felt lucky to be there. Camping spots there are hard to get. I kept the d610 so I can use the Tamron 150-600. It’s not the greatest lens, but sometimes does the job. Greg can usually get good results handholding it. Not me! I took these on my tripod.

What a beautiful, peaceful and scenic place to spend a few days! I can imagine you both enjoyed the opportunity to completely relax and just savor being there, participating in Nature's astonishing variety, taking in that beautiful scenery. All of the images are just lovely, and of course I smiled when I saw the photos of the GBH.....
Thank you, Connie. We loved it there.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom