1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Our yard after a snow storm (image heavy...as well as the snow)

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Bohdan, Dec 28, 2018.

1. We had a good dump of snow the last 24 hours...makes for some challenging snow clearing.
    Snow%20storm%20321.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Snow%20storm%20322.jpg

Snow%20storm%20owl%20313.jpg

Snow%20storm%20320.jpg

Snow%20storm%20314.jpg
    :) 

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. Snow can be a hassle, but can also make for some fantastic images!

Glenn

3. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Very nice like them all

4. LOL...more on the cold side...
    Actually I really love the snow on a crisp clear morning. It's the snow clearing to be able to get in and out of our house and driveway that is a pain today.

5. Thanks Tony. Glad that you liked them.

6. The stillness of a fresh snow makes for special image opportunities, and on the flip side, s**w is a 4 letter word that translates to work. :jawdrop: 

7. Lovely. Shoveling snow is so much easier when it is dry and cold. The wet stuff at 32° is hell.

8. Yep...work it is, so that my son can get out of the driveway, on his way home today - driving.
    For sure...unfortunately for us, this was wet and heavy.

9. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

I cannot stand driving on snow or ice, but I must admit to loving it when I'm at home. I also love taking a mouthful of freshly fallen snow. Been doing it since I was a kid...

10. Driving on snow is unavoidable here, so we learn to drive according to conditions...along with some really good snow tires.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The first one would make a very nice Christmas card. The same for the third one if you crop to make a vertical format that presents the main tree front and center. Well done!

12. Marvellous images of a winter wonderland, Bohdan!

13. Thanks Mike..I will take your advice to heart.
    Thanks Dossy.
    Thanks Bart.

14. Man....I REALLY miss that stuff!

15. We're very comfortable with it. Outside on a cold crisp day with a blue sky and snow on the ground is something we enjoy.

16. I feel your pain. Couldn't wait for it to snow but enough is enough. Looking forward to heading south tomorrow night for the rest of the winter.

17. Oh yea!
    I grew up with it! Used to cross-country ski a lot as well!

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm told that folks in the south get very comfortable with heat and humidity :cautious: :eek: :cautious: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.