Our yearly vacation with our kids Part 1

For 39 of the past 41 years we have spent a week at a beautiful Idaho lake, Redfish Lake. It's getting harder and harder to get reservations for the campgrounds as the location becomes more popular. Luckily we got 5 camping spots for our family again this summer. All of our kids have RVs so we have fun camping together. This was the first time in a couple of years that all of us were able to be together. Greg and I spent 10 days there this time. You are probably all tired of seeing photos from this annual trip, but I will share anyway. I've been in a photographic slump. Maybe it's adjusting to our new life as being retirees. I mostly just sat in my beach chair and took photos of the kids with a longer lens. I hope this isn't my new normal.

#1 Beckett (age 3) not afraid of the water. We had to watch him continuously.

_DSC1013.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 The new floating pad was a big hit.
_DSC1027.jpg

#3 Rylee had a bad week. Because of an accident she had to have a toenail removed the night before we left for vacation. Doctors orders were to keep it dry so no swimming or waterskiing for her. Then she stubbed it and fell and broke her arm the evening after this photo was taken. A couple of days later she broke out in an allergic reaction from the antibiotic for her toe.
_DSC1069.jpg

#4 The human burrito
_DSC1074.jpg

#5. This chipmunk would climb right on our laps to steal food.
_DSC1077.jpg

#6 Balancing on the pad
_DSC1078.jpg

#7 This place is little boy heaven.
_DSC1080-Edit.jpg

#8 Warming up. This lake is COLD!!
_DSC1087-Edit.jpg

#9 Greg's napping place
_DSC1101.jpg

#10 Paddleboards are very popular
_DSC1106.jpg

Last edited:
#11 They never get tired playing on the beach
_DSC1118-Edit.jpg

#12 We only had one smoky day.
_DSC1116.jpg

#13 Greg and I went a day before everyone else and took Rylee and Brighton with us. We enjoyed some time at the lodge.
DSC_8275.jpg

#14 Music at the lodge.
DSC_8278.jpg

#15 Closeup of one of the twins. They are just getting ready to enter high school.
DSC_8287-Edit.jpg

#16 Our amazing daughter, mother to two children with metabolic disorders. She handles it so well!!
DSC_8387.jpg

#17 When we aren't at the beach, digging in the dirt is fun for the boys.
DSC_8391.jpg

#18 Playing card games is a favorite activity
DSC_8404.jpg

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I always enjoy your family photos! I'm an only child. My childhood was NOTHING like this! These photos are GREAT! Rylee seemed to keep a smile on her face....good for her!

I always enjoy your family photos! I'm an only child. My childhood was NOTHING like this! These photos are GREAT! Rylee seemed to keep a smile on her face....good for her!
Rylee was a trooper. There were a few tears, but not many. I'm glad you like seeing my family photos. These kids are my pride and joy!! This vacation really brings us all together. I hope we will be able to continue to do it. The demand for this area is so great now.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
What wonderful photos of your family! I enjoyed seeing each one of these and cannot believe how fast your grandbabies have grown. And is that Amber in #18?

Wonderful family photos. I firmly believe you can't take too many photos of your kids.

We should all chip in and buy Rylee a sundae every day for a week. I had a reaction to amoxicillin a year or so ago and ended up on steroids. Miserable time and I feel for her. Those smiles show a lot of resilience!

Wonderful family photos. I firmly believe you can't take too many photos of your kids.

We should all chip in and buy Rylee a sundae every day for a week. I had a reaction to amoxicillin a year or so ago and ended up on steroids. Miserable time and I feel for her. Those smiles show a lot of resilience!
Rylee’s brothers were so cute. When she was in Sun Valley getting her arm set, they went to the small store at the lodge and bought her a fuzzy blanket, necklace, and treats. Everyone pampered her all week!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom