Our Zoey girl....

Our little dog turned 13 on December 15. She had a rough fall. She had a vestibular disease, was very sick, and lost her balance. It has taken several weeks, antibiotics, steroids, and lots of love, but she is much better. Then she got a bad tooth infection. We tried to have dental work done on her a couple of years ago, but her liver numbers were bad and the vet was afraid she would not make it through anesthesia. So we have just tried to keep her happy, bad teeth and all!! This tooth infection was bad....her mouth was bleeding and full of puss. We had a hard decision to make....put her down, or try the surgery. We decided that maybe she could make it another year or so if we could get her teeth fixed, so we tried it yesterday. She made it through the surgery.... They kept her on an iv all day to flush the anesthesia out of her system. We picked her up and she is happy as can be. Running around like nothing happened. We were not to feed her much but what she has eaten she has kept down. She jumped up on her favorite chair to look out the window and has wanted to go outside and check out all her favorite spots in the yard. Looks like she will be around a bit longer. Actually this dog makes me so mad sometimes. She is stubborn, naughty, and smart. But I love her and Greg adores her. Hence, we made the decision to give her the chance to hang around with us a bit longer. Here she is today.....

_DSC6826.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Our little dog turned 13 on December 15. She had a rough fall. She had a vestibular disease, was very sick, and lost her balance. It has taken several weeks, antibiotics, steroids, and lots of love, but she is much better. Then she got a bad tooth infection. We tried to have dental work done on her a couple of years ago, but her liver numbers were bad and the vet was afraid she would not make it through anesthesia. So we have just tried to keep her happy, bad teeth and all!! This tooth infection was bad....her mouth was bleeding and full of puss. We had a hard decision to make....put her down, or try the surgery. We decided that maybe she could make it another year or so if we could get her teeth fixed, so we tried it yesterday. She made it through the surgery.... They kept her on an iv all day to flush the anesthesia out of her system. We picked her up and she is happy as can be. Running around like nothing happened. We were not to feed her much but what she has eaten she has kept down. She jumped up on her favorite chair to look out the window and has wanted to go outside and check out all her favorite spots in the yard. Looks like she will be around a bit longer. Actually this dog makes me so mad sometimes. She is stubborn, naughty, and smart. But I love her and Greg adores her. Hence, we made the decision to give her the chance to hang around with us a bit longer. Here she is today.....

View attachment 1676960
Great photo...Zoey you go girl. Good for her for coming through surgery and getting right back into the swing of things.

Real Name
Dan
Nice photo, Terri. Sometimes I envy a dog's ability to live completely in the moment. Hope you guys enjoy her for a while yet.

Last edited:
I like the photo and it looks like Zoey is doing well - great!

Thanks, Allan. She seems happier than she has been in a while even though she is recuperating.

What a fighter! Give her a hug from me!

Will do!!
She's a cutie.

It's her saving grace!!

Such a terrific photo and what a feisty and determined little dog!!! I'm glad that things went well in the surgery and that she's going to be around for a while longer!!!

Thanks, Connie!! Feisty is a great word for her. She is also very loyal and loving.

Nice photo, Dossy. Sometimes I envy a dog's ability to live completely in the moment. Hope you guys enjoy her for a while yet.

It would be nice to have no worries like well treated dog, wouldn't it!

Pssst!! Dan! The OP of this thread is Terri French, not Dossy! :)

It's fine. I get mixed up sometimes, too!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom