Out and about with a Sigma 120-300 2.8

Real Name
John A Alexander
Thats one heck of a lens John! Very nice set!

Thanks Steve - I do like this lens which I got second hand from another guy this forum for what looks like a steal now! :smile:

That surely is a nice lens and there's nothing like it in Nikon's lineup, but the size and weight... ouch!

The weight is one reason why I am using it a lot now to tone up my left arm for the trip to South Africa! :wink::biggrin:

Thanks to you both for your comments.

I really love my lens for soccer and other sports where I have to have a little more reach.

My 70-200 VR stays on the camera for indoor ice hockey as the Sigma is too big to manuever without a monopod.

Real Name
John A Alexander
I really love my lens for soccer and other sports where I have to have a little more reach.

My 70-200 VR stays on the camera for indoor ice hockey as the Sigma is too big to manuever without a monopod.

One of the reasons I have been using in preparation for my trip is to get used to handling it with and without a monopod and building up my neck and arm muscles :biggrin:.

One of the reasons I have been using in preparation for my trip is to get used to handling it with and without a monopod and building up my neck and arm muscles :biggrin:.

That's the only way to get used to it. I can bench 300 for sets of 3, but that 5.5lb lens gets heavy after an hour of hand holding.

Real Name
John A Alexander
That's the only way to get used to it. I can bench 300 for sets of 3, but that 5.5lb lens gets heavy after an hour of hand holding.

Tell me about it! How we suffer for our art!:biggrin:

I have this lens too and have taken some great shots with it! Good luck!

Thanks - I will need all the luck I can get :wink:.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom