Out and about

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Barnacle Bill, Apr 5, 2007.

1. The weather has at last improved here in the west country UK. so I have been out with my D 200 trying out some of the many things that I have learnt from many of the threads that have appeared on this wonderfull site.
    All but the flower were taken with my favorite 17 - 55mm. 2.8.
    I am experimenting with frames, please let me know if they are acceptable or are they over the top.
    Thanks,Roy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LizBug

LizBug

Mar 3, 2006
    Atco,NJ
    i love 1 and 2! awesome!

3. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

very pleasant set. You have a good eye.

4. One and Three are my favorites. Nice job on all of them of course.

5. Very nice compositions, Bill.

There is certainly some variety of shooting available to you. Are those palm trees? Do they grow in the UK?

I think your framing looks nice and I like your choice of inner border colors for each. However, I choose to keep a white background on my screen, and I might prefer to have a bit of color and/or texture to the white portion. Beauty is in the ey of the beholder, though, so there is surely widely varied opinion on this.

Excellent work, and thanks for sharing.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really like the first 3
    Very pretty

7. Thank you Liz, Hula Mike, Melissa, Joe and Gale for taking time to view, and your comments.
    Joe, I believe they are a type of palm tree and they seem to be able to grow in the southwest of the UK due to the slightly milder climate.
    Roy.

8. The "palm" trees look like they are "Cabbage Trees" which area New Zealnd native hence they can grow in cooler climates!!
    We do have almost forests of them in areas.....

9. Firstly your shots are great. Secondly I am warming up to frames. Your fill is a primary or secondary color in the shot. For me it draws me into the shot. You are giving me good ideas.

Cheers,

10. Thank you John, I have just started adding frames after seeing them in some threads, and as you say they seem to keep ones eye on the shot. As for primary or secondary colours, you have lost me.
    I try to use a colour from the shot as part of the frame, and would like to know from you or anyone into this sort of thing if this is the way to go. Regards, Roy.