Out At Home!

High School baseball has come to an end for the season, now I need to find some Little League and girl's softball teams to shoot for the summer months. I thought that I'd share this image which was taken on a gloomy afternoon. Shot with a D2H, 300mm f/2.8 and 1.4x tele.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks everyone, I was set up to cover a different play when the runner attempted to steal home. The infielder and catcher had other plans for the runner. He was out by two feet. How I wish that Brian had his eyes open!

Awesome shot Frank. I like the field level of the capture. Appears you were laying down on the ground in the 1B coaches box :tongue:

Well done!

An outstanding shot Frank, tack sharp and the depth of field is simply amazing for an F/4 aperture (or was it f/5.6 with the 1.4X converter?).

Wonderful image, Frank. Could you detail where you were on/near the field?

Thanks,
Greg, I was in the first row of the stands just beyond the dugout for this shot. This game was played on a local college's field and the first row of the stands is actually at the same level as the playing surface. I was shooting from a kneeling position in the stands with the lens just over the wall.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom