1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Out in the yard

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by vettenut, May 26, 2007.

1. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Saw this car out in the country while taking my kid to school on Friday (Took the day off to take pics and relax). After dropping him off went back to capture the image.

2. Bill K

Bill K

Jan 29, 2006
    Reno, Nevada
    Nice catch, My guess it is a 50-52 chevy.
    Not sure if it is my monitor, But the green really look very saturated.

3. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Hi Bill, believe it or not the grass and leaves are very green right about now, we have had just enough rain with sun to follow. I have the camera set for vivid but did not adjust saturation during post processing at all and I calibrate my monitor. But who knows, would like to hear what others think - Jeff

4. Bill K

Bill K

Jan 29, 2006
    Reno, Nevada
    OK, That explanes the green, I believe vivid is color mode III and that will enhance the color for sure.
    Thanks again.

5. Excellent shot, you even found one to match the foliage and grass!

It looks very green because it's spring and the leaves are extra green. Once we get to around Labor Day, the green will be faded and not as vibrant.

6. Very nice!

7. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

lovely shot

8. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Hi Fred, Alex and GastheerG. Thanks for viewing, I just luv old cars, todays are so similar to each other unless you have 100K to get something unique your out of luck. Can't wait for the car shows that will pop up during the course of the year. - Jeff

9. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I think there is a car show coming up at the New England Air Museum in June. Can't remember if it's this weekend (6/3) or if it's Father's Day. Guess I could check their website...
    Love your shot, cars had personality back then.

10. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Baywing, you hit the nail on the head, Cars definately had style back then vs. the cookie cutter designs of today. Thanks for viewing. - Jeff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.