Out of Africa Part #1

Actually from the San Diego Wild Animal Park... One of my recent visits down there in the past few months... Every time I am out there it seems that I come away with something different.. Eventhough I sometimes visit some of the same exhibits... This visit it was a Flamingo and Stork and Hornbill sort of day along with the Lions at the new exhibit putting on quite a show....

Tech
D2x
200-400
SB-800

Brutal Critiques and Comments always welcome....

Staritng out with a roar.. This guy was making a racket for quite a while that afternoon.
134259055_1a6bcb0727_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A few of a Ground Hornbill
"Do you like this profile?"

View attachment 37230

"Or this profile?"

View attachment 37231

A Few Flamingos
The Eyes have it today...
View attachment 37232

My best profile for you...
View attachment 37233

A story
"Do you like my back feathers?" :wink:

View attachment 37234

"Or do you prefer full frontal?"

View attachment 37235

And Finally.. "What's for dinner tonight?" "Geez what a bad hair day today."
View attachment 37236

My, are you in rare form today! Your captions gave me a chuckle! All your birds and the lion are just simply wonderful! They would look impressive on a wall! Great shots! We want more, please!

Love the noise those lions are makign in that shot, now that hornbill is one strange lookign bird for sure. the fitst flaming shot does it for me.

cajun angel said:
My, are you in rare form today! Your captions gave me a chuckle! All your birds and the lion are just simply wonderful! They would look impressive on a wall! Great shots! We want more, please!

It is just one of those days.. As i was posting them I just came up with the goofy captions....

Thanks.. Some day I might print up a few of these and hang them on the wall here at work...

mike mac said:
Love the noise those lions are makign in that shot, now that hornbill is one strange lookign bird for sure. the fitst flaming shot does it for me.

Thanks for looking Mike.. Yep it is a very low Bass sound they make that you can feel reverberating right through you and everything else seems to vibrate slightly...

That Hornbill is usually hiddne in the grass of its exhibit, but for some reason it came out on the branch.. It is quite odd looking.. If you look at its eyes it has long lashes and the eyes seem to move independently of each other...

Eric,

Wouldn't it be wonderful to travel the world and spend time in places with these birds. All aninals really
They are designed for thier habitat.
Truly amazing.
I would have to be very rich and live to be 500 at least

Love the bad-hair shot. The hornbills were our favorites last visit, though I didn't manage good pics like yours. (Note to self: Auto ISO.)

nancyr: Thanks for looking.... I don't do the auto ISO stuff.. I just look at shutter speeds and if not high enough I up the ISO to get a decent shutter speed..

azrichg: Thanks for looking....

Latest threads

Top Bottom