Out of my element: First 80-200 AF-S Flower Photos

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by helmet155, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Also my first shots being posted on the cafe...

I have no idea what kind of flower or plant this is, sorry...I am definitely seeing how weak my photographic eye is when shooting things other than motocross...even cropping the images was tough, then I figured I would just leave them as is...

I was pretty excited to be home early enough to have some daylight left so I shot the bushes in the apartment complex next door :)

C&C welcome please :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hi Brett,

Congratulations on your first image post. It took me several years to gather the courage to post anything. Anyway, I think your first image is of a day lily. They are blooming like crazy right now. I like the fire found in the center of the lily.

I especially like the second image. I don't know what they are called, but I really like the different textures captured in the ground cover. It is soft and very detailed at the same time. It makes me want to run my fingers over them like I used to when I was young. I also like the contrast between the background the ground cover. Your DOF is nice (not distracting) and overall the second image evokes movement. That is something I always like to see in nature. Sorry to get so long winded, but I completed my BFA last year (after many years) and we had to critique images all of the time. I look forward to many more.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Brett,

Very good first pic post. Welcome to the Cafe. It's OK BTW, to post some Mx pics too. :wink:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think that is a day lily.. Very pretty.

Love the fuzzy wuzzies toooo :>)))))

5. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Great Shots keep them coming...

Tim