Out of Pocket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PJohnP, Mar 13, 2005.

1. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Guy 'n' Gals :

I'll be "out of pocket" (read, out of touch) starting tomorrow for several days whilst I'm with my spouse, Alice Zrebiec, as she opens her big show at the Denver Art Museum (http://www.denverartmuseum.org/ click on Exhibitions then click Coming Soon). This is my opportunity to support her in her successes, and I won't be posting 'till next weekend, unless it's just a really really fast response without any uploads.

In addition to getting to see her hard work on the marquee exhibition of that museum, I'm hoping to "shoot the show" with my "1.4's" (28mm and 85mm) and maybe the 12-24mm AFS/DX, so I won't be in photographic withdrawal, by any means.

Don't worry about search parties or figuring out who in the Cafe gets which ones of my lenses... the booby-traps scattered around my property will winnow out the slow and unwary anyway !

More soon.

John P.

2. John,

Which exhibition is it ?

I checked Coming Soon and there are:

- Amish Quilts: Kaleidoscope of Color - From the Collection of Faith and Stephen Brown

- Building Outside the Box: Creating the New Denver Art Museum

but I didn't see Alice Zrebiec

3. John do you have the whole f/1.4 Triad of Power? Heh.

4. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    It's the Amish Quilts show. She also has a show in the permanent gallery for her department, "No Boundaries: Fiber + Art". The museum tends to list the shows as the lead elements.

There's more about the show in the latest "On and Off the Wall" which is the DAM's print outlet of information.

John P.

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Todd :

Sadly not. I assume that you're referring to the 50mm f/1.4 as part of the "Troika".

But shooting with the 28mm f/1.4 is a pure joy. I'm just starting to get the hang of the 85mm f/1.4, but it's proving fun. I have my eyes open for the 50mm at a good price, but the "bookends" in the trio have been a goal for me, completed with the recent acquisition of the 85mm end.

Something like an 18mm f/1.4 would just about make me dance in the streets...

John P.

6. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Have a great time John and good luck to your missus on her show(s).

Neil

7. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi John,

Please keep us posted on how to find Alice's shows on the internet. I'm checking it also as Jay is doing. Didn't know which it was at first but now know it's Amish Quilts...... Interesting to follow this and thanks for the information...and definitely have a great time and take tons of pictures to share with us.

Gaye

8. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Neil :

Thanks, Neil. I'm awfully proud of the great work she does.

And this is the best of both worlds, eh ? Support the spouse and get to photograph. Now I just have to shoot really, really well. :wink:

John P.

9. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Gaye :

You'll probably see it more through my shots, I think.

As for shooting tons of pictures... Well, think to whom you are addressing that comment ! :twisted: I may not be up to the standards of "Bam-Bam" who was on the Reznick course with me in December, but I think I can fill a few gigs here and there.

Thanks for the support.

John P.

10. Congrats to your wife and have fun at the opening! I for one am glad you are leaving, as you are a BAD INFLUENCE :lol: (my probable 28 1.4 will be on its way to me tomorrow...just for testing!!!) Now don't go convincing me I need the 200-400vr too!

have a great trip, we'll miss you at the Cafe!

11. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Janet :

You can borrow my 200-400mm when you come out to NM again.

Good to hear you're going to test the 28mm f/1.4 . I predict you'll love it.

That's all for tonight, and another few days...

John P.