Out on the town w/Harris & Mary

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Steve S, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    They took me to this great place in W Palm called City Place last night and I grabbed these shots while there. All shot w/D70/28 f1.4 @ISO 800.
    original.
    original.
    original.
    Obligitory "Squeaker"
    original.
    Old style Movie Theater interior:
    original.
    This fresco is 50 ft up!
    original.
    And a shot of me that Harris took WITH builtin Flash, and ya, it was up late for me!:
    original.
    Comments good or bad all welcomed!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice Steve,
    I haven't seen old west palm in years.

3. Out late were you way to go Steve you need to be more daring and take advantage of what warm FLA has to offer

4. Gorgeous collection of shots, Steve. The 28/1.4-D70 combo is a lightweight rig that's hard to beat!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2005
  5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful images, Steve. The colors and composition are very nice. You do great work!

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks folks,

Thanks for all the kind words. This is really the 1st time I've used the D70/28 f1.4 in this capacity, ie nightshots, and interiors. Kept the ISO @800, but only had to use a touch of NR in Capture with very light sharpening. Some of these were shot at really slow shutter speeds for me, handheld @1/30th-1/40th. I pretty amazed at how well this combo performed. No wonder our favorite guru RR loves this lens so much! So, Harris, when we going back there!? :biggrin: I can see myself shooting lots of candids around the big outdoor piazza, esp if I bring along the 85 1.4 too!

7. Some nice shots there Steve. Looks like we may make you an night owl yet...:cool:

We can go back any old time. Lots to do there, plenty places to check out...

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    lol, a night owl, me? You must be thinking of someone else! :wink: :tongue: Actually, I wouldn't mind going back sometime soon at about 4, so I could get a few shots while it's still daylight, then more going into dusk and night time.

9. then dinner and a wild night at Blue Martini......:Shocked:

10. marc

marc Guest

steve

it is city place, in palm beach, fl.

great place

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks for correcting that for me Marc. I was just guessing at the name. Now is it in Palm Beach, or West Palm Beach? :wink:

12. marc

marc Guest

palm beach!

it is a beautiful place to spend time and of course to take photos

especially beautiful at night, as you have shown us

your photos are very nice

13. Very nice job Steve. I like night shots and these are very well done.