Out the window

Discussion in 'People' started by niknd501, May 14, 2007.

1. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Took some senior photos this weekend...Have done some before but only
    my son...Was actually hired to do these...Scary stuff for someone who
    normally doesn't do this kind of photography....

Anyway ..would like to know what you all think of this one...Good and bad..:biggrin:

These were suppose to be kinda casual shots...we tried not to get to serious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. They look good to me. I really like the first one, but a strobe in the window behind him would have created some separation - the top of his head gets lost in the dark background. For the second one, a long sleeve shirt would have been better, as his left arm is drawing my attention to it instead the young man and the dog.

A little sharpening and some levels adjustment may make each image pop just a bit more.

3. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks for the thoughts Keith....This portrait thing is new to me so I know I probably
    didn't get everything right but the only way for me to learn is to try and try again....

Didn't think of the strobe in the barn till after I got home and saw the photo...
    Good suggestion and I will keep it in mind next time out

4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Looks good Rod. You worried for nothing.

5. No problem Rod!! Everyone here is here to learn or to help, and there's alot for us to learn from each other. You definitely have to experiment and experiment some more until you like the results you come up with. The average "Joe" wouldn't know that there should be a light in the barn... :biggrin: