Outdoor lighting during sunrise

Looking for feedback from experienced folks here.

I am shooting some pictures for a friend and his wife for their first year wedding anniversary outdoors this Saturday. We are planning on doing it early in the morning, as I hear the sun is not as harsh during that time. These days, it seems like sunrise occurs at 6:30am, and we are planning on meeting around 7am, so we probably won't start shooting aroud 7:15am - 7:30am at the earliest. We are also planning on going to a second location, which perhaps might be around 8am or 8:30am.

What do you guys think about the timing of this? If the sun rises around 6:30am, will it be too harsh already by 7:30am for shoots? Or at 8:30am?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

You will be fine at all those times. Even if the sun is out, it's not going to be at its strongest. Of course, bring a speedlight if you have one, but you really should be fine.

I took this shot at around 8:15am, used a SB800 and SB600(shot thru umbrella)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jerry, you'll be fine at all those times. 6:30 a speedlight would be strongly preferred, but any of the times after 7 til about 9 you should have relatively soft light. Good luck!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom