Outdoor power source for D7100?

Hello all,
I am wondering if anyone has used a product to power their D7100 (or similar camera) safely outdoors. I occasionally setup my camera to shoot overnight using the intervelometer. I then stack the images that I can after trying to clean them up, etc.

I purchased the EH-5 AC adapter with EP-5B connector, but the battery door needs to stay open for this to function which I'm not too thrilled about. I'm trying to avoid dew and other moisture as much as I can when it comes to the internals of the camera.

Thanks for any ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
An idea I was considering would be to get the grip and use my AC adapter with that. However, I'm not sure if its going to be sealed any better and I don't want to spend $270 for something that won't help much in this area.

Just a question: Why would you need to keep the battery door open? The camera has a rubber flap door on the bottom of the grip that opens in order to let the power cable out without opening the battery door.
The additional power grip has it as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just a question: Why would you need to keep the battery door open? The camera has a rubber flap door on the bottom of the grip that opens in order to let the power cable out without opening the battery door.
The additional power grip has it as well.
Hah, what do you know. I never noticed that. My eyesight isn't what it used to be. Thanks.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom