Outdoor salt pool

I took a ride to one of my favourite seaside places just north of Sydney today.

There's an old outdoor swimming pool there - in need of repair but still operational. The water was quite cold and there were only a few swimmers (in wetsuits) using it.

I have always loved the weathered look that marine environments take on.

DSC_0418_1_9x6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0420_9x6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Both taken on a D2X, Nikkor 17-35 AFS using a circ. polarising filter (time midday)

Nice images, nice color.

Dispite what may say, I do ike a polarizer, especially harsh days and water.

I have a real challenge shooting the Shuttle launch tuesday at 10:30AM EDT here. Across ten miles of water and the sun angle. Oh what a nightmare. Guess I have to wish for a cloudy day. Not what I had pictured at all. I will shoot it. But not sure what I will get out of that situation.

In florida the light and weather changes by the minute.

Gale,

I think the polarisers work really well - esp. with water too. it makes for quite a marine look.

And you - the Shuttle launch - OMG !

I would so like to be there. The sheer noise and presence of that liftoff must be awesome.

I was in Texas in my late teens and went to the Johnson Space center there. The size of the rockets are truly something to behold. I have always had a love of rocketry and all things space related.

I know it'll all go well - best of luck with those shots too - your position sounds like a challenge

Please post your pics ok !

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom