Outdoor salt pool

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Simon, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I took a ride to one of my favourite seaside places just north of Sydney today.

There's an old outdoor swimming pool there - in need of repair but still operational. The water was quite cold and there were only a few swimmers (in wetsuits) using it.

I have always loved the weathered look that marine environments take on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both taken on a D2X, Nikkor 17-35 AFS using a circ. polarising filter (time midday)

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice images, nice color.

Dispite what may say, I do ike a polarizer, especially harsh days and water.

I have a real challenge shooting the Shuttle launch tuesday at 10:30AM EDT here. Across ten miles of water and the sun angle. Oh what a nightmare. Guess I have to wish for a cloudy day. Not what I had pictured at all. I will shoot it. But not sure what I will get out of that situation.

In florida the light and weather changes by the minute.

3. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Gale,

I think the polarisers work really well - esp. with water too. it makes for quite a marine look.

And you - the Shuttle launch - OMG !

I would so like to be there. The sheer noise and presence of that liftoff must be awesome.

I was in Texas in my late teens and went to the Johnson Space center there. The size of the rockets are truly something to behold. I have always had a love of rocketry and all things space related.

I know it'll all go well - best of luck with those shots too - your position sounds like a challenge

Please post your pics ok !