outdoor shoot -umbrellas -what remotes?

I will be doing an outdoor shoot that will be in the shade. I don't think commander mode will trigger my flashes to shoot thru umbrella's. Isn't there a product(s) that can be wireless and trigger those flashes by a radio wave of some type.?

plenty of radio trigger options, queastion is do you need to keep ttl or are you happy to set the flashes manually ?

best thing i can say here is wait for wayneF to answer. he is a font of information and has a petty nice site put together that should just about answer anything you can think of

the cactus V5's and yongnue 603 radio triggers a are pretty decent by all reports and cheap on ebay. if you need ttl then your going to have to look at the pocketwizard or radiopopper systems

check out this link to wayneF's site

http://www.scantips.com/lights/menu.html

P

pam111

I'm using the cheap Yongnuo RF-602 radio remotes from ebay and it works for me. You will need to be operating the speedlights fully manual though. The newer version is the RF-603 mentioned above.

I think the answer is the Yongnue 603 , but before I purchase I have a couple of questions. I assume that a master remote is mounted on the camera and this fires the wireless remotes connected to the flash units a distance away. And one master can handle up to four remotes.

I think the answer is the Yongnue 603 , but before I purchase I have a couple of questions. I assume that a master remote is mounted on the camera and this fires the wireless remotes connected to the flash units a distance away. And one master can handle up to four remotes.
I have the Yongnuo RF-602 triggers, but the operation of the 603 appears to be the same. If so, one master can handle an infinite number of remotes as long as they are on the same channel and within range.

Pocket Wizards MiniTT1 and Flex5, or Radiopoppers if you want to retain TTL flash metering. Otherwise you can use Pocketwizard Plus II transceivers of a variety of cheaper trigger options.

Latest posts