Outer Banks Vacation 7 pics

Some pics from my recent OBX vacation. This was really my first time using PS. I have a lot to learn so any comments are great.

sunsetdsc0867721lx4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sunsetedit4821ty5.jpg

lighthouseinwindowedit3aa8.jpg

lighhousefullinwindow52eu8.jpg

usedit5bw921nt8.jpg

dsc0928copy221jj8.jpg

dsc0911copy121fk4.jpg

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Definately straighten the horizons but these are all very nice. I am particularly fond of number 3

Thanks everyone, like I said I'm brand new at PS. These photos were my first shots in RAW and the B&W were my first conversion attempts in PS without just using grayscale. I'll try and play around with PS some more and try and straighten the horizons.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
I am partial to the last shot of the staircase, I like the pure black areas and stark contrast in the image, and I also like the depth of the image too,

Wade

I really like the first 2 and the last. I have been vacationing on the Outer Banks for the last 10 years and I find it a wonderful place to stay. The lighthouse staircase is great. I would also straighten the horizons in the first two shots. My only real gripe is the copyright. It's distracting.

I really like the first 2 and the last. I have been vacationing on the Outer Banks for the last 10 years and I find it a wonderful place to stay. The lighthouse staircase is great. I would also straighten the horizons in the first two shots. My only real gripe is the copyright. It's distracting.

Yea we had a great trip, def agree about it being a wonderful place. We stayed up in Corolla on the N end of the island. I was excited I learned how to make a custom brush in PS so I was playing around with the copyright.

Still working on the horizons...I'll firgure it out

I think I firgured out how to fix the horizon.

sunsetstraight131xk8.jpg

sunsetedit4straight231ly3.jpg

Is ACR...Arbitrary and Rotate Canvas...if so yes that is what I used. Once I figured it out it was a lot easier then I thought it would be. :)

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
No but what ever works! the beauty of photoshop is the many ways any one thing can be accomplished. ACR is Adobe Camera Raw.

Yea that is what I'm finding out...I was pretty overwhelmed by PS at first, I didn't know where to start. It takes me a long time to do some pretty simple edits, I just need to keep working with it

Wow....very nice. The straight horizons really make a huge difference. the lack of the copyright is also welcomed. Now all you need to do is get them printed and framed. Nice job!

Latest threads

Top Bottom