Over at the pond...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kramp, Jun 3, 2005.

1. I just love my 300 f4 af-s + 1.4 tc combo, its good for bugs to wildlife, I can be shooting bugs but if other things show up I can take advantage of the oppertunities.

I had that watched feeling when I was going after the Dragonflies.
    [​IMG]

You can tell she recognizes me although she was making a fuss because I was getting closer to the nest, she is at our bird feeder all the time.

[​IMG]

A Dragonfly and a Damsel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pond Skater and a Fishing spider.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Martin

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Those are nice, Martin....Although the last one gave me a bad case of the creepy crawlies! lol! :D

3. Nice ones, as usual, Martin....how long have you had that 300 f4.. ??....you are getting some really good results with it..!!!

Regards..... M :)

4. Cool shots!! I like the dragonfly shots the best...well done!! :D :D :D

5. cool shots, that is a killer combo, and really like the bokeh from this combo and these shots show it!........ did you book your trip to Cranbrook yet. LOL

Keith

6. Thanks Leigh, that was a nice big spider, it would have been nicer if I had got down to a lower angle but I am not dedicated enough to lay in the water.

Martin

7. Hi Mike, thanks for commenting I picked up that lens in the new year when it was on sale, I thought it would make a good hummer lens but I am finding at the close distances my 70-300ED is much better at getting a focus lock on moving hummers.

Martin

8. Thanks Bryan, I like the Dragonflies the best also.

Martin

9. Thanks Keith, I haven't booked yet I may be able to get enough hummers in Sayward, the guy is setting up a single spout feeder this weekend, once they get used to that I should be able to get some nice ones. Of course no Black Chinned or Caliope's.

But if you want to go back I will go this time. :D

Martin

10. Very nice Martin, I especially like the bird with the focus dead on the eye through the branch framing. Beatiful.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images...

Thank you for sharing..

The big spider from this view looks like it has a monkey face :>))