Overcast in Flagstaff

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

This is Humphrey's Peak, part of the San Francisco mountain range north of Flagstaff, Arizona. This happens to be the highest summit in Arizona. Here the mountain is seen on a gray, summer afternoon.

M4-P, 35mm Ultron, trix, hc110, 1/250 f/8 or there abouts.

2. Chris, I like the full tonal range here! Bet it was a lot cooler than down Phoenix way! By the way I hope that's not a harbinger of the Monsoons to come. I'm not looking forward to the high temps combined with high humidity!

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    This was over the 4th weekend - the Monsoon has been in full rage since then. Our humidity in the desert has been very high, although that drops the high temps into the single digit hundreds. It's been storming about every other night.

On my way up to Flag, it began raining, then stopped upon my arrival, and held off until I left that evening. The high in Flagstaff was probably less than 80, but my car has no thermometer. It was very pleasant!

4. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Flag is almost always very pleasant this time of year. Even the Verde Valley area where my mother-in-law lives is so much nicer than Phoenix. It seems that every time we visited around the Fourth we had a thunderstorm. Brings back a lot of memories.

5. Flagstaff...despite I've never been there, I "know" it quite well, at least by name, all the area from Arizona to New Mexico to Texas... We have one of our most famous comics here that's placed just in that area in the 2nd half of 19th century, after your civil secession war and the protagonist is a Texas ranger, who is also an chief of Navajos, with all his friends (pards)

he's so famous that also your wikipedia talks about him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tex_Willer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.