Overcast Warblers

I really like the soft diffuse lighting that you get on overcast days. While you have to suffer the consequences of higher ISO, the subtleties of the colors really come out.

Two things to note....
-These were all shot at ISO 500 or 640 with in camera NR on. I cut the level in half in NC.
-I decided not to try and crop these simply for artistic qualities...I rather like presenting the bird as I saw it in the wild.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

caught em singing. Nice work Jim.
agreed, I like overcast days for wild life. great for saturated color and alows good shooting longer

They are just soooo beautiful jim.....

with that long lens and them sitting thier so pretty. love the branches.

J

jkamphof

Those are really incredible!

Beautiful colours and wonderful job at keeping the image undistracted. I love the flat backgrounds and great exposure.

J

jPix's

just great ........ I will keep on trying .....

cheers jPix

Excellent Jim. I usually get very flat looking colors in overcast conditions. These are great. I really like the compositions.

Nice work on these, Jim

the colors really do pop! I also like the way you included some of their surroundings too. It does make for a much more pleasant composition.

Jim, these are simply stunning! One of my favorite warblers, I love how you captured him singing...just fabulous...can't even come up with enough superlatives!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom