Overcoming a cloudy day

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Looks like you did a pretty good job with the flash. It definitely adds pop on a cloudy day.

I personally use flash with no hesitation if its needed. If I see that it truly bothers the bird I will move on but that has not been the norm in my experience.
  2. It is not much good for action shots at 1/250 shutter speed and I get the "Glass Eye" Look a lot.
  3. Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama

Yes, true on both counts. I use a Wimberely flash bracket to raise the flash above the lens and this helps reduce the steel eye effect quite a bit. Next time I see you I'll have it with me so you can see it.
  4. Yes I saw It, but I used the camera flash not My Flash attachment
  5. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice
  6. Never tried it before
  7. Gary, you did real good with the flash. I have not had as good results when I try it. Are you using a flash bracket as well?
  8. tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Excellent job Gary.
  9. Very nice set Gary. I've found that using fill flash can be very helpful, however I think I have a tendency to use too much power on the settings. All I'm looking for with using the fill flash is just a bit of highlight on the details, feathers and such. Again, nice job here.

10. No actually I used the Camera Flash not a seperate attached Flash. I was close enough to just get most of the benefit
  11. Thanks Jimmy

This is my first attempt

12. Thanks Louie

It was just enough to bring out some highlights
  13. Very nice set Gary. I really like the first one.

14. Thank You Jose

I'm please you liked it.