Overheads

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Jul 12, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Never was able to do this till I got the Hs. Always admired others images of shots like these and now I can play too :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wonderful captures...what a graceful looking bird. You did a great job!!!

3. Nice shots, Ben. The wings look translucent!

Thanks for sharing. :) :)

4. Nice shooting Ben.............bird looks a little raged, take it mating season is over??

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ben,

I agree with you; these are excellent images. My advice though, is to back off of the USM just a tad. The shots are good enough that they don't need the extra sharpening IMHO. I think that you will be even happier with the results too.

Don't get me wrong, these are very, very good. Just could be a little better with a little less boost in the sharpening. :wink:

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Frank, please don't be timid on my account. Appreciate this kind of input always. I'll go check tomorrow the original and give it a try.
    I'm still quite new with the Hs and raw files in particular in fact these are some of the 1st raw's I've shot. I have not even come to grips with which raw converter to use yet!! Again thanks for your advice.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I don't know maybe, sure wish I could find a few nests ??
    Thank you for commenting, Keith
    I did find a GBH nest just today but way high in a palm tree, Geee now I need a 500 :)

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thank you Frank, glad you enjoyed very glad !!

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Keith Yeah I dug that too he flying right into late afternoon light could not ask for a better flight path!!!

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Keith Yeah I dug that too he was flying right into late afternoon light could not ask for a better flight path!!!

11. Very nice shots, Ben! I like these kinds of shots when you can see the bone structure in their wings.

12. nice shots I agree with Frank back off the sharpenign a bit and the halos where the bird meets the sky will go away

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.