Overheads

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Jul 12, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Never was able to do this till I got the Hs. Always admired others images of shots like these and now I can play too :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wonderful captures...what a graceful looking bird. You did a great job!!!

3. Nice shots, Ben. The wings look translucent!

Thanks for sharing. :) :)

4. Nice shooting Ben.............bird looks a little raged, take it mating season is over??

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ben,

I agree with you; these are excellent images. My advice though, is to back off of the USM just a tad. The shots are good enough that they don't need the extra sharpening IMHO. I think that you will be even happier with the results too.

Don't get me wrong, these are very, very good. Just could be a little better with a little less boost in the sharpening. :wink:

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Frank, please don't be timid on my account. Appreciate this kind of input always. I'll go check tomorrow the original and give it a try.
    I'm still quite new with the Hs and raw files in particular in fact these are some of the 1st raw's I've shot. I have not even come to grips with which raw converter to use yet!! Again thanks for your advice.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I don't know maybe, sure wish I could find a few nests ??
    Thank you for commenting, Keith
    I did find a GBH nest just today but way high in a palm tree, Geee now I need a 500 :)

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thank you Frank, glad you enjoyed very glad !!

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Keith Yeah I dug that too he flying right into late afternoon light could not ask for a better flight path!!!

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Keith Yeah I dug that too he was flying right into late afternoon light could not ask for a better flight path!!!

11. Very nice shots, Ben! I like these kinds of shots when you can see the bone structure in their wings.

12. nice shots I agree with Frank back off the sharpenign a bit and the halos where the bird meets the sky will go away