Overheads

B

bfjr

Never was able to do this till I got the Hs. Always admired others images of shots like these and now I can play too :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ben,

I agree with you; these are excellent images. My advice though, is to back off of the USM just a tad. The shots are good enough that they don't need the extra sharpening IMHO. I think that you will be even happier with the results too.

Don't get me wrong, these are very, very good. Just could be a little better with a little less boost in the sharpening. :wink:

B

bfjr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Flew said:
Ben,

I agree with you; these are excellent images. My advice though, is to back off of the USM just a tad. The shots are good enough that they don't need the extra sharpening IMHO. I think that you will be even happier with the results too.

Don't get me wrong, these are very, very good. Just could be a little better with a little less boost in the sharpening. :wink:
Thanks Frank, please don't be timid on my account. Appreciate this kind of input always. I'll go check tomorrow the original and give it a try.
I'm still quite new with the Hs and raw files in particular in fact these are some of the 1st raw's I've shot. I have not even come to grips with which raw converter to use yet!! Again thanks for your advice.

B

bfjr

Keith said:
Nice shooting Ben.............bird looks a little raged, take it mating season is over??
I don't know maybe, sure wish I could find a few nests ??
Thank you for commenting, Keith
I did find a GBH nest just today but way high in a palm tree, Geee now I need a 500 :)

B

bfjr

eng45ine said:
Wonderful captures...what a graceful looking bird. You did a great job!!!
Thank you Frank, glad you enjoyed very glad !!

B

bfjr

Nikam said:
Nice shots, Ben. The wings look translucent!

Thanks for sharing. :) :)
Hi Keith Yeah I dug that too he flying right into late afternoon light could not ask for a better flight path!!!

B

bfjr

Nikam said:
Nice shots, Ben. The wings look translucent!

Thanks for sharing. :) :)
Hi Keith Yeah I dug that too he was flying right into late afternoon light could not ask for a better flight path!!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom