Owletts and Mom - additional shots

Pancho had already posted some shots of these birds. I thought I would add a few more.

Before they left the nest I was able to get a few shots of the babies and Mom. D800, 300 f2.8 with 1.7 TC. Shots from 2 different weekends.
Department of Wildlife would not allow you to shoot them after that (rightfully so). I guess some people were actually hollering at them and throwing things at the trees to get the birds attention. It messed up there sleep wake cycle and upset the Mom. I went late enough and early enough that they were alert.
i-z6FBx3x-X.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-n6Dqd9V-X.jpg

i-tKnw5dv-X.jpg

i-pzTsf7N-X.jpg

5. Glad I was not a mouse.
i-d4dS5jn-X.jpg

Very nice Michael. It's terrific to see the little family all together. They're great birds.

Very nice work. Cant believe some people were throwing and yelling at them. Thats what gives wildlife photographers a bad reputation among birders.

Pancho had already posted some shots of these birds. I thought I would add a few more.

Before they left the nest I was able to get a few shots of the babies and Mom. D800, 300 f2.8 with 1.7 TC. Shots from 2 different weekends.
Department of Wildlife would not allow you to shoot them after that (rightfully so). I guess some people were actually hollering at them and throwing things at the trees to get the birds attention. It messed up there sleep wake cycle and upset the Mom. I went late enough and early enough that they were alert.

Michael -

*love* your first shot of those GHO triplets. I also can't believe that some idiots were actually throwing rocks :eek: at the nest. Just ridiculous and disturbing . . .

Latest threads

Top Bottom