Owls

Discussion in 'Birds' started by KristinB, Jul 20, 2007.

1. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
  2. Beautiful pictures, but most don't look like Screech owls

3. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Thanks! Well, apparently the founder of the sanctuary is named Carolyn Screech. :smile: I'm sure it confuses everyone. They have a wide variety of owls in residence, from all over the world.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2007
  4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Well, I don't know my Owls as well as I should, but I know good shots, and these are very good.

Welcome to the Cafe Kristin!! :smile:

5. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Thanks! It was a rainy, overcast day, which helped -- I didn't have to worry about blowing the highlights on the white ones. My swan pics suffered from that problem a bit...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. WOW! What beauties you have! I just love owls! And welcome to the best forum in town! You're gonna love it here!:biggrin:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful owls

8. We don't have screech owls over here. I think they are tawny, barn, eagle (probably) and barn owls.
    I like the first barn owl best, it's a strong pose.

Alan

9. Well like Frank says it don't matter as they are good looking photos. Most screech owls are quite small and do have ears.
    Lou

10. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Thanks for the kind words, but I have to emphasize, I never claimed they were Screech Owls... As I explained above (but maybe not clearly enough), the place is called Screech Owl Sanctuary because it's a sanctuary for owls that was founded by a woman named Carolyn Screech. :smile: And they actually provide homes for owls that are found all over the world, not just from the UK. I included the link to the sanctuary in my original post, if anyone's interested in learning more...

11. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Super job on these Kristin.