Oxnard/Ventura Places to Shoot

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by RecalcitrantRon, Nov 8, 2005.

1. I am going to be in Ventura County the week of Thanksgiving and would appreciate any thoughts on some good places to shoot.

Thanks

2. Well Roy I live down in LA LA land about 50 miles away.
    What are you interested in?

Wildlife? landscapes?

3. Hey Rat.

Primarily looking for wildlife, birds ect.

4. Well, I don't live down that way anymore, but I would sure check out the fields near Lompoc, around the Channel Islands Marina for Pelicans, as well as any of the beaches.

You might want to check out this link:
    Birding in California

and this one:
    More Birding in Ventura

5. Sorry have not gotten back to you till today.. you might find some places up there for shore birds.. But off hand I do not know of any specific areas up there....

6. No need to apologise. Thanks Rat