1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

P&S under $200...best one?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by rocketliv, Sep 2, 2008.

1. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

What point and shoot camera do you recommend under $200? My friend wants a new camera for her birthday and they don't have the money for a dslr. I suggested a nikon cool pix. I have one I am mostly happy with...

anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks!

2. I bought the Nikon S6 when I sold my D50 a while ago. I'm sure technology has progressed, but I wasn't impressed at all with the S6's performance.

I'd look into any of their SD lines that fits your budget.

============== ripped from FW ================

Just got off the phone with Canon Tech support. I called about an issue on my 3 year old Powershot S2-IS and was told about the Canon Loyalty program.

This program allows you to replace your current Canon camera with a Canon refurbished product. The refurbished unit carries a 6 month warranty. The following models are currently offered:

SD850 IS $150
    G9 $250
    EOS XT (with lens kit, same as this ) $275

Taxes extra, shipping is $10 for 2-day delivery. You must return your old / defective camera (must be a Canon). Prepaid shipping label will be provided.

Call Tech Support at 866-443-8002 or 800-828-4040 to get started.
    You will need the serial number of your current camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.