p1 opinions - have you used one?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by marc, Nov 19, 2005.

1. marc

marc Guest

thinking of getting p1, sounds like very full featured and great for just goofing around.

i need help, opinions, yes, no

talk me into it or out of it

marc

i shoot d2x, d2hs, d100

2. i was kinda lurking on this one too but not getting much action here. I like everything about it but kinda wish it had raw format as well.
    Dave

3. marc

marc Guest

dave,
    i actually bought one, very nice little camera, actually used it for a week, have now sold it to a client who was looking for point and shoot

the wifi is seemless, load software to computer, attach camera and bingo, the software does it all.
    transmission is quick.

the camera takes nice photos, about 1 stop consistent underexposed, it has many features and custom stuff.

complicated, not intuitive,

you need to hold it very steady

i probably, will not get another, prefer the big guns

good luck

4. Marc
    Appreciate your feedback on this. I was looking to upgrade my travel for business briefcase camera. Based on your feedback I will stick with my Sony Cybershot as I only use it to document minor details on trips and not to fulfill any creative photography need.
    Dave