p1 - would you get one - anybody use one?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marc, Nov 19, 2005.

1. marc

marc Guest

coolpix p1, what do you think?

i just want something easy to carry, my family can use it, and it seems very full featured

talk me into it
    talk me out of it

also shoot d2x, d2hs, d100

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2005
  2. I am sure you would have a lot of use for it.
    I also have a tiny P&S for those times I don't want to lug my D1x and stuff around.
    I ended up with a Sony DSC-T7 for the reason that it is so slim. You don't even notice you have it in your pocket. I am sure the P1 (and some others) would be as practical.
    Now that these P&S's have become so good and inexpensive, I think it is worth it big time.

3. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Yes

I have the CoolPix S1 and find it great as a shirt pocket camera.

4. yes, it is very full featured, but if you're looking at it seriously, also consider the P2. I am not as fond of the color scheme, but its 5mp so the files are smaller and the sensor won't be as noisy.

5. marc

marc Guest

why would i want the p2?

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I just went through the process of choosing a small "point & shoot" for when I don't want to carry my D70. I wanted the smallest, best featured, best photo quality camera. I ruled out some smaller because of a features/quality, and I ruled out larger because I wanted something that would slip into a shirt pocket.

Based on the specs, reviews, and the opinion of a someone (whose opinion I value) who has one, I chose the Pentax Optio S6.

If I wanted something a little bigger, the Nikon P1 would certainly seem to be a good choice.

I ordered the Pentax from B&H for $314 and should have it by Tuesday.....(plus an extra battery, 512MB SD Card, LCD covers, and the Pentax case).

pentax_optio_s6_camera.

7. I wouldn't want to be without swivel

That is just about the handiest feature any PS camera can have. It is the ONE thing I've really missed since going back to SLRs.

My wife just got an S4 and I've been pretty impressed with the results she's gotten.

I've got a 5400 that I use on occaision and really like the fact that it gets wider view than most. I also like that it has a viewfinder, albiet a not very good one.

Don