PA Ren Faire?

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Gary7770, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Anyone planning on hitting the PA Ren Faire? I'm currently planning on heading there the 28th weather permitting.

Gary

2. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I was there Labor Day weekend. Was a lot of fun and there was more there than I expected. Make sure you see the Jousting. Stop at Burger King, they have coupons for $4 off.
    Pete

3. Thanks for the BK tip!

Any advice on lens selection?

Gary

4. I was thinking of taking a trip up there Gary. I was hoping for a gap in my schedule to allow it. So far, it looks as if Saturday is my only day, and they are calling for wind/rain. After that, I have a week long dog event that I am shooting. Busy, busy, busy :) We still need to get together for that beer/coffee!

5. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    From you lens list, I would pick the 28-70 because there are a lot of characters in costume and the 70-200 would be great for the Jousting events. If you have room in your bag, the 12-24 could be fun too.
    Pete

6. Hey Rich,
    Yeah, Sunday isn't looking all that great right now either. And if you stop blowing me off, we'll be able to grab that java! :wink:

Wondering if the 400mm would be realistic for the jousting..

Thanks,
    Gary