Pack Rat Hotel

I remember when someone lived in this house. It was in bad shape then.

Photo taken with a D800 and the 28-70 f/2.8. Comments?

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have a photo of this house I took in 2009 with a D300 and the same lens if there is any interest in seeing it. More house was visible.

great shot, Gary
makes me wonder what the story was leading to it being abandoned
at least in this small corner of earth, nature's winning

Very nice building. It´s a shame that it is abandoned... It looks like the 28-70 "likes" your D800. I´d like to see the one you took with the D300 and same lens, just for HQ comparison sake...

Thanks for the comments. Here is the image I took back in 2009 with the D300 and 28-70. Photos were taken from the same place. Lens at 60mm for the D800 photo and 34mm for the D300.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I’m guessing the owners set up a more modern house somewhere else on the property.

Looks like it could have still been saved back then, maybe even now as well but it would
take a lot more work and money now...

Makes a nice semi time-laps set...! :cool:

IS that Norma Bates in the window on the left? I see more pop in the older picture, the first one looks a litlle flat or is it just me?

I see more pop in the older picture, the first one looks a litlle flat or is it just me?

Probably a combination of the light at the time of photos, maybe even time of year, and my processing makes the old one seem to pop more. Nothing wrong with the D300.

Latest threads

Top Bottom