Page, AZ - Denver - Mt Rushmore areas....

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
We have visited these areas before, but will be there again in June. We will do Horseshoe Bend (again) and skip the Upper and Lower slop Canyons. In Denver I hope to visit the State Capitol, Mint, etc. We always enjoy Mt Rushmore (if open) and Crazy Horse.

Any specific recommendations on photographic locations fpr birding, landscapes, etc? Any NikonCafe members who would like to meet up?

Perhaps Canyonlands NP, and Dead Horse Point SP, and Capitol Reef NP, and Natural Bridges NM, all south from I-70 going down toward Moab, UT and then to Page, AZ? Might be a bit off of your intended route, but all are surely well worth a scenic photographic diversion . . .

some of those places may not be open or open only to locals (march). We were in Zion and were go to to MOAB for Canyonlands but it was closed to non-locals, as Moab only has a 13 bed hospital and no ICU. something to consider on traveling these days in a Covid world.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm assuming you mean Antelope Canyons.

Have you ever driven south of Page, across Navajo Bridge and along the Vermilion Cliffs? North Rim? Spectacular scenery! Those are among my favorite places in the world and I really envy you going there.
Great suggestion! Thanks! (The trip will be a HUGE test for our 7 month old puppy! Until the last week, he has been throwing up when riding in the car or truck! :eek: When we say the work "GO" he runs and hides under the furniture!)
Perhaps Canyonlands NP, and Dead Horse Point SP, and Capitol Reef NP, and Natural Bridges NM, all south from I-70 going down toward Moab, UT and then to Page, AZ? Might be a bit off of your intended route, but all are surely well worth a scenic photographic diversion . . .
Thanks for the suggestions. Those are all great places but too far off our route for this trip.
some of those places may not be open or open only to locals (march). We were in Zion and were go to to MOAB for Canyonlands but it was closed to non-locals, as Moab only has a 13 bed hospital and no ICU. something to consider on traveling these days in a Covid world.
You are so right. I actually had planned to visit Monument Valley (for the 4th time!) but eliminated the stop due to the virus and MV has been hit very hard. What medical care the Indians have is, in general, extremely sub par. In Denver we hope to visit the State Capitol and other places. We shall see what is open in early June.

Here are a couple of photos from the Vermilion Cliffs area along Route 89A from Page to the North Rim. These photos were made on 14 May 2011, nine years ago today.

(note the semi truck lower right)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great suggestion! Thanks! (The trip will be a HUGE test for our 7 month old puppy! Until the last week, he has been throwing up when riding in the car or truck! :eek: When we say the work "GO" he runs and hides under the furniture!)

Thanks for the suggestions. Those are all great places but too far off our route for this trip.

You are so right. I actually had planned to visit Monument Valley (for the 4th time!) but eliminated the stop due to the virus and MV has been hit very hard. What medical care the Indians have is, in general, extremely sub par. In Denver we hope to visit the State Capitol and other places. We shall see what is open in early June.
Crazy times , careful times, sometimes scary times... when we take our Trailer, as my wife is a nurse in the hospital, retired but back for now helping... we always do not like to pressure the smaller communities, as we never know.... a bit frustrating 4-sure.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom