Painful pictures of tech advances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maestrodawg1, May 10, 2007.

1. Well about 2 weeks ago I played in an indoor charity soccer game. Somewhere along the line, I got pushed to the ground and landed on my fist. I had serious chest pains but played right through it. This morning at work the pain simply was not getting any better so I went to the hsopital and had xrays. End result, broken rib and time for light/inside duty which I am not happy at all about.

Anyway the hospital burned a CD of my xrays for me to take to my own doctor. So I thought, "Gee I'm going to stick these in my computer and see what happens." End result I figured out that the xray images were burned as jpegs. So I saved them to my hard drive for posterity. Aisn't technology neat?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow, bummer. I been there and it can take a long time to heal,hope you get better soon.

3. Neil M.

Neil M. Guest

Good thing I'm not a Doctor, I can't see which one's broken.

4. That is eerily similar to my dad... he's a teacher and was playing soccer with his students at recess... fell on his fist and broke a rib. Very painful, he said. Sorry to hear about your break... hope you heal quickly. But on the + side, those are some cool pics! :smile:

5. Dude.....I think you have worms.... LOL

6. Hyper-Performance

Hyper-Performance

Apr 11, 2007
    SW Ohio, USA
    Dave
    ....and no heart......

Good thing they didn't do a brain scan!

(Just kidding - broken ribs really are quite painfull, what ever you do - don't sneeze)

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. See the large white mass that's on the patient's left (picture right) ? Slightly crossing the spine and into the right side? That's the heart. :smile:

Not counting the rib that directly crosses the clavicle on the patient's right (picture left), count down, the 4th rib is broken, about 1/2" over from the spine.

Trick to finding minimally displaced fx's: follow the bright white line at the edge of each bone. If it suddenly ends, you've got something to look at. :smile:

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow Andy, so sorry to hear about the accident and the light duty status. I hope you mend completely and quickly.

10. jasonlawton

jasonlawton Guest

Hope you get better

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    ouchy
    Get healed and better soon

Don't sneeze

12. Neat images!
    Hope you mend soon!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

13. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Cool. I'd have saved them, too. Hope you feel better soon!