Painful pictures of tech advances

Well about 2 weeks ago I played in an indoor charity soccer game. Somewhere along the line, I got pushed to the ground and landed on my fist. I had serious chest pains but played right through it. This morning at work the pain simply was not getting any better so I went to the hsopital and had xrays. End result, broken rib and time for light/inside duty which I am not happy at all about.

Anyway the hospital burned a CD of my xrays for me to take to my own doctor. So I thought, "Gee I'm going to stick these in my computer and see what happens." End result I figured out that the xray images were burned as jpegs. So I saved them to my hard drive for posterity. Aisn't technology neat?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

N

Neil M.

Good thing I'm not a Doctor, I can't see which one's broken.

That is eerily similar to my dad... he's a teacher and was playing soccer with his students at recess... fell on his fist and broke a rib. Very painful, he said. Sorry to hear about your break... hope you heal quickly. But on the + side, those are some cool pics! :smile:

....and no heart......
See the large white mass that's on the patient's left (picture right) ? Slightly crossing the spine and into the right side? That's the heart. :smile:

Not counting the rib that directly crosses the clavicle on the patient's right (picture left), count down, the 4th rib is broken, about 1/2" over from the spine.

Trick to finding minimally displaced fx's: follow the bright white line at the edge of each bone. If it suddenly ends, you've got something to look at. :smile:

Wow Andy, so sorry to hear about the accident and the light duty status. I hope you mend completely and quickly.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom