1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Palace of Fine Arts - SF

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dweikum, May 29, 2007.

1. dweikum

dweikum

Apr 15, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    I know, shot to death, but that's where we ended up Sunday morning in the fog...

orig.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. MJAM

MJAM

Feb 20, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    That lighted dome really stands out in the low light. Nice capture. Mike

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Well, Duane,

I have never ever seen a photograph of this before, and i have been online a few years!

Nice shot, great contrast in lighting that compliments the subject, great metering, beautiful.

Wade

4. Very nice. I like it.

5. I have been there many times, your shot is beautiful. Love the way you balanced the light, obviously you know the best times to shoot a picture like this.

6. dweikum

dweikum

Apr 15, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    Thanks everyone, appreciate the kind words. It is a beautiful spot, absolutely mobbed by wedding parties in the summer...my buddy and I were there at 5:30am on Sunday so it was us, the birds and a couple joggers...and a small family of skunks (sorry no pics of the little furries. ;)  )

7. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    This is a beautiful image you captured, Duane. The lighting on the palace, and the reflections in the water really make it special.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful image

9. I've never seen it before! Beautiful picture - really nice.

10. cajunrose

cajunrose Guest

Amazing! Now I want to go back and take more pictures of it!!

11. brianw

brianw

Feb 25, 2007
    Bo'ness, Scotland
    AWSOME pic, great colour
    Regards,,,Brian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.