Palawan Sky and Ocean

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by triangular, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Palawan is a smaller island of the Philippines. I'm posting 2 shots here, but there are a few more of the same area that you can see by following the link to my Philippines gallery that follows.

[​IMG]
    Bamboo Dock

[​IMG]
    Coloring Book

You can see a few more from the same area at this album:
    http://www.gallery.myadventurouslife.com/v/philippines/

Comments and criticisms always appreciated :)

2. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh
    Christian,

these pics and the ones in your linked gallery are wonderful. This is the sort
    of place I would like to be in. Must have been fun.

Well done.

3. Thank you. That's what I love about living in Asia :)

4. Wow, great shots.

A friend of mine has been doing a limnological project on Palawan for a few years and he also talks about Palawan in an enthusiastic way (he is a very talented photographer but has a lousy equipment).

Cheers

5. Excellent!

I love specially the first one. Thank you for sharing such excellent pictures.
    Besides, your galleries are also awsome! They make me wish to go to Philipines and Thailand in my next trips.
    Which lens did you use to take the bamboo dock pictures?

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

6. Well, from my EXIF data I'm pretty sure all of those were taken with only the stock 18-70mm Nikon kit lens. I sharpened up the images a bit and enhanced the contrast, so it just goes to show that you don't always need a high profile lens to get a wonderful result.

Thanks for the comment on my galleries in general. I've actually learned a LOT about how to process my shots since most of my content was uploaded, so Im now about to re-upload new versions of everything, but I'm glad to hear you like it.

Yep Thailand and Asia in general is a wonderful and fascinating place. If you do end up coming this way be sure and let me know. Maybe we could go out shooting together :)

7. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    I like them, very dramatic to me. Nice work.

8. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wonderful shots!

9. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Very nice. Love the colors