Paling around with Tim (Stealthman)

Tim was kind enough to let me join him on another outing at the Sacramento Wildlife Refuge. I am not nearly as equipped for birding but brought along my D200 with Sigma 100-300 and 1.4TC.

My keeper rate was pretty low... but it was a lot of fun. I was also able to take some shots with some of Tim's high end glass. Best part of the day was watching Tim trying to capture Tree Swallows (I think) in flight with a Hassey 203 and long lens + TC. :smile:

Sigma 100-300/4 1.4 TC
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sigma 100-300/4 1.4 TC

Sigma 100-300/4 1.4 TC

Nikon 200/2 2.O TC

Sigma 100-300/4 1.4 TC

Nikon 200/2 2.O TC

Nikon 200/2 2.O TC

Best part of the day was watching Tim trying to capture Tree Swallows (I think) in flight with a Hassey 203 and long lens + TC. :smile:
I'm not giving up! I'm not giving up!!!:biggrin: Good thing you were there, I'd probably still be on that platform with the ground littered with spent 120 film rolls...:rolleyes:

That Turkey Vulture shot rocks! That's about as good of an exposure as you'll ever see on one of them guys...I luv his little light brown chest feather! That was some great light the last hour, man that doe looks good and you got a nice, in motion shot of the pheasant! Cool!
Where's the Peregrine Falcon???

Here's an HDR I did last week off the platform of the eastern side of the refuge...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom