1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panaroma Software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RayLarson, Aug 9, 2009.

1. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    Looking for a free utility to do some panos with. Suggestions??

Something easy and quick with a good UI

2. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
  3. Snake

Snake

Dec 19, 2005
    Central Alabama
    On the website for ICE it doesnt say if it is free or if there is a cost. Do you know which it is?

4. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    ICE is free, they don't even ask for an email address to download it. The site says:

5. It's totally free, Snake, and it does a remarkable job.............especially for the price! :biggrin: Here's an example of a 16 image (hand-held) pano stitched with ICE. I think by the time I did the cropping, it was only 12 images.

p132939171-3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

6. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    Thanks everyone. I downloaded ICE and am very pleased. It will be a good start for me. Here's my first try...8 exposures...very close pano that took maybe 5 minutes. Program works very well.

3805147920_2a8c3bb113_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

7. Nice pano. I only see one small place where ICE was unable to match. That's why the guys who shoot a lot of architectural pano images use other programs. But the the majority of us, ICE works just fine, in my opinion.

8. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    If you are talking about that slight mismatch on the fence...I can live with that....I was surprised how easy and fast it was. The shots were taken hand held apature priority in clouldy conditions

9. No Ray, I didn't see that. :rolleyes:  I was referring to the electric line next to the satellite dish.

10. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    It's all in the same plane. I was very close. It was a tough pano for the software. I wanted to challenge it. Guess I challenged it too much...LOL :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.