Pandas

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by mhcfires, Jun 30, 2008.

1. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    We went to the San Diego Zoo on Saturday. I haven't been there in a few years, I wanted to see the pandas. They are so lazy, all they seem to do is sleep. Mom had finished nursing Baby, and she was asleep in a tree, Mom was asleep over a log, and Dad was in a separate enclosure snoozing away.

Mom:
    2618941683_7ff0bca740_o.jpg

Baby:
    2619762908_3287a666d9_o.jpg

Dad:
    2619766000_c27a2e6160_o.jpg

2. Snoozing or not, at least you SAW THEM! When I was in San Diego, I didn't get to see them as they had already gone back to where they were borrowed from. Are they there permanently now? Beautiful captures for sure! Their sleeping positions brought a chuckle for sure!

3. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Pandas are always a little bit of a disappointment for me. They really do just seem to sleep all the time. I don't usually wait in the line to see them anymore.

Once I did see the littlest cub at the very top of the highest tree in the enclosure-she was probably 40 feet off the ground and the tree was swaying quite a bit.

4. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    They are not here permanently, they still belong to the Chinese people, but the parents are on a long term loan. The babies must be returned within a few years of birth. I guess they want to kep some diversity in their limited gene pool.

5. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    I don't get to the zoo that often. I spend a load of money on a preferred plan every year, and this is the first time I've been there in over five years. It was worth it for me to wait. The line moved fairly quickly and I was able to get some good pictures. My GF got a few good ones of the baby in the tree. It was a really nice day and I'm glad the park wasn't too crowded.:smile:

6. Alan.Tran

Alan.Tran

Jun 5, 2008
    California
    Cool! I went to the SD zoo last week, the pandas were also sleeping. What a life.