1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panhandle Beaches of FL

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Trish5, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    I live on the central east coast of Florida and have totally fallen in love with the north/west part of this state on the gulf of Mexico. Absolutely beautiful beaches!

Captured with Nikon D300/Nikon 17-55/2.8
    Rosemary Beach:
    614240251_wChHk-M-1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Destin:
    614533213_pEZwR-M.jpg

Watercolor Beach:
    615042168_f8uAY-M.jpg

same area:
    614243087_bov9k-M-1.jpg

I have to say I want to go back...right now! What a wonderful place to be for recuperating.

614533619_xayQw-M.jpg

2. Gorgeous shots of a beautiful area. I can see why you love it.

Mike

3. mobeious1

mobeious1

Oct 24, 2008
    fl
    what beach is that

4. Southswede

Southswede

Nov 25, 2008
    Charleston
    Rosemary Beach.

5. Southswede

Southswede

Nov 25, 2008
    Charleston
    I NEVER get tired of seeing that water color!

6. MMPG1

MMPG1

May 10, 2009
    Germany
    Such a nice beach! I`d love to be there right now :smile:.

7. ... just beautiful! I used to live in Panama City .... miss the turquoise water!

8. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    The water is beyond beautiful. I hope the storms don't hurt too much of coastline.
    Thanks for your comments : )

9. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Those are beautiful, aren't you glad you live close?
    We have some great beaches here in Michigan that are walking distance to our home but in the winter it's soooo cold you have to wear a lot of protective clothing ...which is about 5 months a year.

10. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Excellent shooting Trish!

11. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    Gorgeous shots Trish, I can never get tired of coastal shots, just such a relaxing place

12. Ypu shouldn't have let thecat out of the bag. I live in the Keys but als have a place in St Joe Beach. Come retirement, that's where I'll be!

13. Wow. Beautiful pictures, and beaches. I've been all over Florida however never the panhandle.

14. What great timing, I was just researching a trip there for Christmas. These photos helped me decide - I'm southbound this December! I was considering lodgings in Grayton Beach, but will try to find Rosemary Beach on the map. Does the water stay that turquoise throughout the winter?

15. corns5

corns5

Mar 21, 2008
    Florida
    Beautiful shots of a beautiful beach! Love it here too, on the east coast of Florida just 20min to the beach with beautiful turquoise water as well. Isn't Florida wonderful? (Except just too hot in summer!) :) 

16. Fightin14

Fightin14

Mar 4, 2009
    Middle TN
    I was in Destin last week and it was the nicest I have ever scene destin. Sadly I didn't break out the camera much. I tried to take it out one evening and got the d200 outside and fog up so bad it was not usable. At 1 hr of time still not clearing up i gave up went back and got more beer.

17. Gorgeous place...You made this place a wonderland beach!

18. Thanks for reviving my memories. I grew up in South Alabama, about 70 miles N. of Destin, in the 1950s. We went there often when it was very undeveloped. As a kid, I thought all beaches were like that!

Don't you like how the sand squeaks under your bare feet when you walk?

19. Be warned, it can be quite cold there in December. It's NOT South Florida.

20. Oh, I know it's not tropical, but it will still be warmer than central North Carolina at that time of year. I was just wondering if the change of seasons causes the water to change color. It does here on the east coast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.