Panning attempt

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Chad Gladstone, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Took this last year. Though I'd see what you serious birders think. The wing motion blur was deliberate, the blown highlights were not (didn't have time to switch to shutter priority or dial down the -EV - I just guessed in aperture priority that f/11 would land me in the ball park). Still, I think the effect looks pretty cool.
    [​IMG]

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Better than I've vevr done!

Blown highlights or not, I love it!

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Chad...this image may not be one that you may cherish, but I overlook the blown highlights to appreciate the composition and background. I still like it...now go shoot some more!!! :)

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Really a cool shot, Chad! Keep trying and show us what you come up with.

5. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Nice shot. like the effect a lot.

You Chad some times blown highlights work. The Back ground really makes this a great shot.

Nice job.

6. Thanks, I really like the background motion as well, it really gives the viewer a sense that this is a really swift bird capable of falcon like speeds.

7. What speed and camera did you use.

I have been trying to get that effect with my D2x.

I can do it with film every time, but having some trouble doing it with my D2x.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    This is a great image. I have achieved great results using f11 and f16. Wish I had time for more experimentation. I love movement.

Job well done.