Panning attempt

Took this last year. Though I'd see what you serious birders think. The wing motion blur was deliberate, the blown highlights were not (didn't have time to switch to shutter priority or dial down the -EV - I just guessed in aperture priority that f/11 would land me in the ball park). Still, I think the effect looks pretty cool.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Chad...this image may not be one that you may cherish, but I overlook the blown highlights to appreciate the composition and background. I still like it...now go shoot some more!!! :)

Nice shot. like the effect a lot.

You Chad some times blown highlights work. The Back ground really makes this a great shot.

Nice job.

TR_Fox said:
Nice shot. like the effect a lot.

You Chad some times blown highlights work. The Back ground really makes this a great shot.

Nice job.
Thanks, I really like the background motion as well, it really gives the viewer a sense that this is a really swift bird capable of falcon like speeds.

This is a great image. I have achieved great results using f11 and f16. Wish I had time for more experimentation. I love movement.

Job well done.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom