pano in my hometown

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Philinnz, Aug 7, 2005.

1. I have recently invested in a manfrotto pano head, sure beats handholding. I used panorama factory to do the stitch. 18-70 kit lens

This is Oriental Bay, Wellington, NZ

original.

2. I love your shot and it is pretty much seamless as far as I can tell. Panos really put you there and I much prefer them to wide angle individual shots showing an area. Unfortunatly the world has not caught on to this important phase of digital photography. It is still in the gadgety phase although this is quickly changing. Thanks to pioneers like you.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Perfect Phil, absolutely amazing, what was the head again... ;-)

4. I don't see any flaws in the picture at all! Fantastic job with the post process and beautiful scenic shot!

5. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Ahh Wellington, capital of New Zealand. I love New Zealand and Wellington is one of my favorite places. Great pano, please post more.

6. Shecks

Shecks

Jul 23, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    Nice job, I know it is difficult to get a well exposed pano where part of the image is looking towards the sun and the rest is looking away from the sun.

Tom

7. You did a pretty amazing job here.
    Cheers

8. Hi Phil,

Never having done a pano I stand in amazement at the ones posted here at the cafe. Yours is a very nice one and shows off your beautiful hometown.

9. Hi Phil,
    Here is a shot I took of a small lake behind my house some time ago. Thought you might find it interesting. I used a RRS Pano setup. I like RRS because of the way it breaks down to a portable kit. Most of the others are kind of bulky even when broken down.

Larger view;
    http://www.pbase.com/interactivephotos/image/41240448/original.jpg

10. Thanks Scott, Nice job!

11. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice work Phil. Stiching is seamless and the horizon looks very level.

I really need to get out and start practicing at taking these because I want to get some panos on our vacation in Sept. I've only tried it once or twice before and wasn't entirely sucessful.

12. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nicely done, Phil! I've only tried to do a pano once and wasn't successful. Guess I need a lot more practice to catch images as nice as yours!

13. nice work!!! Is panorama factory hard to use? I see they have a free 30 day trial...

14. panorama factory

I have both PF and photovista (plus the odd freebies you get) - photovista is quicker and will cope with operator error more than panorama factory. If the sources images are aligned better, PF will do a more professional job and is my preferred program - quite easy to use but can be slow so I usually drop the images down to 1200*800 before stitching (unless I want to print it out). If you look at my inbox www.pbase.com/philinnz/inbox I have shown a pano with three programs used for stitching. That particular image was handheld.