Panorama of the Arve River's Valley, France

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JPS, Oct 27, 2005.

1. This is on the road from Geneva going to Chamonix, at the foot of the Mont-Blanc (one can see it on the right). I used 6 images in *.JPG to produce this one, wich gives about 160 degrees viewing.

Nikon D70 with Sigma 12-24 @ 24 mm. - 1:200 @ f/10 - ISO 200 - All settings manual, shot on tripod.

Stitched (partly manual) with Panorama Factory V4. The original was 9'469x1'913 pixels.

[IMGO]http://i.pbase.com/v3/36/136/1/51350790.panofinal_w.JPG[/IMGO]

Cheers,
    Jean-Pierre

PS. Hi Mike ! i reduced the contrast on this version... does this suits you better ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2005
  2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I love it!.

3. Fantastic pano great job

4. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Very beautiful!

5. What a sight to behold this must be in person! Very beautiful!!

6. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Lovely pano. Was it taken in a single row? and were they landscape or portrait? Was it a pano head or did you have to adjust for the horizontal distortion? Whatever way you did it - it's fabulous. Used to live in Geneva - brings back lots of memories. Thank you.

7. wonderful work, absolutley gorgeous.
    Dave

8. Hi Patrick !
    Yes, the panorama was shot in a single row, from left to right (after i manually set my aperture, speed and distance from the center of the view).
    I shot them in landscape, with about 50% overlapping.
    I don't have a pano head (don't think it's very usefull if your not using a long(ish) lens...).
    I was testing the latest version of Panorama Factory, and first build an "all automatic" pano, wich ended having lots of "fantoms", so i ended stitching "partially manual", wich takes a bit more time, but is well worth the effort !!!
    Cheers,
    J-Pierre

9. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very beautiful pano, I wish to see this scenery in person. Thnaks for sharing

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

12. Quite a sight, thanks for sharing your excellent pano work.

13. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    All I can say is PERFECT ! One of the nicest panoramas I have seen.

Regards

RFC

14. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks for helping my son with his homework!

One of his assignments was to find a picture on the web showing folded mountain strata. He found a few, but I remembered this picture from last year (it made quite an impression) and we found it by searching back through the forums. He printed out a small version to show his teacher...

15. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great Pano!

16. Wow... impressive. Beautiful capture of a beautiful area. Thanks for showing us this.

17. good job Pierre, very nice pano.

18. Very nice, gorgeous sight

Robin

19. very nice stitching job...