1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panoramic printer suggestions?

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by lowlight_junkie, Apr 21, 2007.

1. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Hey folks, I am looking for a printer that is capable of printing panoramic images. I would prefer an A3 with paper roll capabillity and I was hoping for high quality prints. I am looking to pay in the region of £350-£400 ($700-$800) a used one is fine
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. Epson R1800

3. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Thanks Geoff, do you use this printer yourself? If so can you tell me is it pretty fast?

4. Yes, I do use it but the speed is a relative thing and I don't know about that. All I can say is it's fast enough for me. A friend has worn out two of these doing thousands of prints including plenty of panoramas.

5. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Hi Geoff, is the printing length unlimited (depending on paper roll length)
    if so it would seem this is perfect for me as I can get it for £250 in the Uk.
    Thanks again

6. I don't think so but you could google for info.
    How long do you want to go??

7. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Hi geoff, Well my last panorama was 8x vertical shots from the D2X.
    Resized to 42cm height I am guessing it was pretty long :) 

8. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

HP DesignJet 90. 18"x whatever length you require. Dye based, archival on HP papers. Low initial cost, very economical per print cost. If you need wider than 18", research the DJ130, the printer I have. 24" x whatever you need.

9. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    I have ordered the r1800 and a CISS, hopefully it should be here soon.Thanks for the help

10. Just ask if you need more (pm if you like)

Enjoy your R1800 !!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.