Panthers football

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by paintman, Oct 2, 2005.

1. paintman

paintman

May 18, 2005
    Sonoma Calif.
    Here are a couple from yesterday. Critiques welcome.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great Shots,

They look very serious about that game :>)))

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice shots Russ..
    The only thing I would have done different is to have cropped the second shot a lot tighter... Other than that, very cool shots.

Dave

4. Very nice I cant wait I get to shoot a day game next Saturday for our H.S team shotign at night is as frustrating as it gets

5. Hey Big Russ,

These are nice shots. I love the intensity in the eyes of the defender in #1. I just wish you had more of their bodies in the frame.

#2 is one of those with the busy background. I have tons of those that are great action shots but the interest is always lost when you can see someone walking, standing, doing whatever in the background.

Not that I'm a pro but #3 is by far the best. You have the intensity, partially blurred background, sharp focus, and outstanding action to boot. Shots like these are the ones that make for the best pictures.

I am getting my experience from shooting a few and sending some of my images along to my mentor who is a pro shooter of sports for many years. His critiques are the best at helping me get better and not just firing away waisting shots that I end up deleting later. There is just so much to learn about when to shoot, the best spots on the field to shoot, camerra settings and so on. I just wish that I had more time to get out and shoot.

6. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    nice shots all,
    crop 'em tigher my man.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    They are all nice images and I agree that cropping tighter will produce a very nice finished image. Not sure about what post processing you did but a bit of levels, USM and cropping is all you should need. It is tough to do sometimes but the pros that I have consulted have told me to always crop tight. Give it a try and see if you like it.