Paparazzi....No Way!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eng45ine, Jul 7, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    An interesting thing happened to me yesterday while walking around Downtown Chicago. I parked in an underground garage, then set out to shoot whatever came along...a sort of street photography mission. As I ventured off Michigan Avenue ( the magnificant mile ), I happened upon some catering trucks that serve meals to those that are involved in making a movie. I walked up the a security person (I had my D2H and 28-70mm f/2.8) hanging off my shoulder and my sling camera bag on my back. I asked the security person what was going on in the area and he replied, "keep walking, your paparazzi!". I laughed and said, "No, I'm a firefighter just taking some pictures". He replied, "No way dude, firemen can't afford cameras like that...your paparazzi...keep walking, Man". I snickered at him and kept on walking.

Later in the day on my way back to my truck, I happened onto another movie being filmed and while waiting to see what was happening, Jennifer
    Anniston ran out from the building into a waiting van. I heard that she was filming something here in town. I found out from a security person on this site that the other movie location had Eminem (spelling?) and 50 cent.

The strangest things happen when you are wandering the streets of Chicago. :?

2. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Hi I am a firefighter in the UK, never been called a pap though! I do a lot of sports photography!

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    James,

I've been called many things throughout my lifetime...but never a paparazzi. The whole situation was rather comical. I can only imagine what they had to say about me after I walked away!

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Uh-Uh, too late.......you're a Paparazzi now.......
    You lay one brick, you're not a bricklayer, but walk around with a camera and be called a Paparazzi, and now you are one... :lol:

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, it's totally amazing, Ken. What's in store for me next?

6. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    I'm going to ask the question that everyone else is thinking.

Where is your photo of Jennifer Anniston?

Our pet paparazzi from LA would have gotten the shot.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well Larry...

As I was talking with some vacationers from Canada, Jennifer ran out from a building into a waiting van and drove off. I did get a head shot of the other actor...I think his name is Vince Vaughn. The name of the movie is "The Break Up". Here's Vince Vaughn's image...he's in the red jacket getting into the van.....

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    My condolences go out to your country in this time of need. We are all behind you and know that both our countries will get through this mess.

Cheers,

9. Go for it.....

It's fun....and you can make mucho cash in the meantime.

GenoP

Jim and Joe Gandolfini on the last night of filming at BadaBing for next season.

Nikon D2x ,Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S DX
    1/60s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso200 with Flash
    original.

10. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Chicago sounds like a happening place ... now move along.

:!:

11. Here's a paparazzi shot! :p

[​IMG]

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Geno and Jonathon....Cool shots!!! 8)

13. Jonathan,

Now that's why I want to become a paparazzi!

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Looks like the Worm's havin' himself a good time. Couple of 'em actually. Nice shot JF!