Paparazzi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Here is something I think you guys might get a kick out of. We just went to Redfish Lake for our yearly vacation. A friend who went with us is into photography as well. I was just looking at his website when I saw a picture he labeled Paparazzi. I laughed so loud when I saw what a DORK I am.

2. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Yes, you do look like a dork. Real photographers put the lens hood on properly when outside.

I think it's a nice picture anyway. :p

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I know--how embarrassing but, I have never claimed to be a REAL photographer anyway. Besides the hood--the turned hat is the WORST!!!!

4. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    no I think everything else is perfect.
    pale legs and fingers peeking out from somebody overdressed for the environment, wearing bulky garments for the comfort of more pocket space for lenses and memory cards,
    and everything looks local and new, like you jsut came into towna and grabbed a "Lake Tukawocka" Hoody from the local shop to "blend in"

I think cropped it would make an excellent avatar picture, and printed large would make an excellent photo for your wall. IF you are hand-holding anyway, I sometimes like to remove that little 70-200foot and save carrying the weight and bulk of it.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I agree with Twig, every thing is cool with that picture except you need to learn to turn that lens hood around.. :)
    The Hat makes you look like a REAL Paparazzi.. But we might have to ask Jonathan about that. :)

Dave

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Terri,

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Actually, you look a lot like I do when I go out to shoot (I usually do remember to turn the hood around though ;-)).

7. Ya HAVE to turn the hat around, otherwise it interferes with the flash! And, hey, at least you had your lens hood with you in case you decided you wanted to use it....unlike some of us who leave ours in the bottom of the bag :wink: It should be a rule that no one is allowed to photograph a photographer anyway...if we wanted to be photographed, we wouldn't be hiding behind our cameras to begin with, LOL!

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    One positive thought

At least I haven't bought a photography vest yet. My husband keeps telling me he is going to buy me one, though!!!! If he does, I'll be selling it here on the forum. :p

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I like that rule--just wait--I'll get back at my friend one of these days!!! Really, it is great to have a friend to share the hobby with. I don't know that many people who are in to photography.

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Re: One positive thought

Don't be so fast on selling the vest if your hubby buys you one.. They are great.. Much better than carrying the your gear around in a bag.

11. Terri, I'm with Dave on the vest. You may look like a dork, but they sure work great.

12. manishg

manishg

Jul 22, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I never like photos of me either...thats why I stay behind the camera.

13. I am used to being photographed by others. In fact, I started a collection of them and make it a goal to get a new image per event

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/tv

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Re: One positive thought

Well I have it even better than a vest. My husband carries my gear around for me!!!!

15. She has the look totally down!

Here's me at work!
    [​IMG]

16. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    LOL. The turned hat is funny, I used to do that too because it gets in the way when shooting verticals or with flash. But now I have one of those safari hats with a floppy brim that I wear when hiking, problem solved. Of course my wife says it looks even dorkier, but at least it offers good protection from the sun.

17. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

See I told you so! :)

18. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Most of us have looked rather dorky taking photos at one time or another. Using that shot as an avatar is a great idea! Maybe that would remind you to always turn around the hood before shooting!

19. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Well Thanks Jonathan. If I look as cool as you I guess I'm not a dork. There is only one problem--you are young and cool. See I don't even have the lingo right--"cool" is probably a very dorky word!!! :)

20. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    "Cool" is always cool.