Paparazzi

S

saturnine

Terri French said:
Well Thanks Jonathan. If I look as cool as you I guess I'm not a dork. There is only one problem--you are young and cool. See I don't even have the lingo right--"cool" is probably a very dorky word!!! :)
I'm not kidding when I say this, but I think you look awesome in that photo. The whole laid-back-and-snapping-away pose. Everyone else is just frontin'!

SRA

Re: One positive thought

Terri French said:
dbirdsong said:
Terri French said:
At least I haven't bought a photography vest yet. My husband keeps telling me he is going to buy me one, though!!!! If he does, I'll be selling it here on the forum. :p
Don't be so fast on selling the vest if your hubby buys you one.. They are great.. Much better than carrying the your gear around in a bag.
Well I have it even better than a vest. My husband carries my gear around for me!!!!
Terri,

Buy your husband the vest first! Then he has to be your assistant. I'll be willing to bet he made the comment because he is the one who wants the vest in the first place.

BTW, you photo is great, a real keeper. The contrast between the swimmers in the background and you covered from neck to calf is reminiscent of the bathing houses photos of the 1920's. (I don't think they used the word 'cool' then either)

And the hat thing, I think you are amongst friends here as we have all done the same. I myself have gone to the floppy beige desert military hat that can bend upwards for the camera. So well done on the attire. Great fodder for the forum.

D

digitalfrog

I guess we will all agree with the lens hood been weird.

But is the photo vest something *that* bad ?

I have one (minus 1 respect point off) and I look a bit like a wannabe military soldier with it but I did not realise that it was a 'no-no' thing betwen photographers.

Since we are in the self critic I'll reset my respect credit back to zero and post the most embarassing picture of myself:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I really felt like a perv when I saw that shot of myself.... even though I was aiming the camera at her eyes despite what it seem to be. cough cough...

The worst I guess is the photo vest falling appart because of the stretch...

Now, please someone help me and post an even more embarassing picture of yourself ;-)

Ralph

Thanks all

For making this a fun thread. Believe me, I'll never forget to turn my lens hood around again. When I store the lens in my backpack, the only way it will fit, is with the lens hood on backward. I just grabbed the lens for a quick shot and forgot!!! ---never again. How do all of you remember everything? I always seem to forget something. Thank goodness for RAW.

Have a great day. You are all a lot of fun.

Real Name
Chris
Re: Thanks all

Terri French said:
Terri, I will! You made this a fun(ny) thread, so thanks!

By the way, I keep my bayonet lens shades over the lens backward for storage, but not bayonetted on. That way, when I grab the lens, the hood comes right off, reminding me to use it, and falling out of the way if I'm not gonna use it.

Re: Thanks all

Chris101 said:
Terri French said:
Terri, I will! You made this a fun(ny) thread, so thanks!

By the way, I keep my bayonet lens shades over the lens backward for storage, but not bayonetted on. That way, when I grab the lens, the hood comes right off, reminding me to use it, and falling out of the way if I'm not gonna use it.
Great tip, Chris. Thanks, I'll do that.

Slight gramatical correction....

You are a paparazzo.

Only one of you.
Paparazzi is plural.

I used this to my benefit last week.
I snapped a shot of some people silhouetted at a street bar in Crested Butte and one of them yelled "hey, paparazzi"!
I corrected him and he laughed, we chatted and he bought me a couple of drinks and I'll send him the shot.
Be advised, though, anywhere but a small mountain town and I might have been shot "at" for being a wise a$$.

p.s.
spaghetto is one strand of spaghetti. :)

Re: Slight gramatical correction....

Vernon t said:
You are a paparazzo.

Only one of you.
Paparazzi is plural.

I used this to my benefit last week.
I snapped a shot of some people silhouetted at a street bar in Crested Butte and one of them yelled "hey, paparazzi"!
I corrected him and he laughed, we chatted and he bought me a couple of drinks and I'll send him the shot.
Be advised, though, anywhere but a small mountain town and I might have been shot "at" for being a wise a$$.

p.s.
spaghetto is one strand of spaghetti. :)
This just keeps getting funnier and funnier. I wonder if there is a female version of paparazzo like maybe paparazzoette.

Terri you look great.

A real doofus would still have the lens cap on ! :)

Hope you had a great vaca !

Regards

RFC

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom