Paparazzi

Here is something I think you guys might get a kick out of. We just went to Redfish Lake for our yearly vacation. A friend who went with us is into photography as well. I was just looking at his website when I saw a picture he labeled Paparazzi. I laughed so loud when I saw what a DORK I am.

47797977.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes, you do look like a dork. Real photographers put the lens hood on properly when outside.

I think it's a nice picture anyway. :p

twig said:
Yes, real photographers put the hood on properly when outside.

I think it's a nice picture anyway.

I know--how embarrassing but, I have never claimed to be a REAL photographer anyway. Besides the hood--the turned hat is the WORST!!!!

no I think everything else is perfect.
pale legs and fingers peeking out from somebody overdressed for the environment, wearing bulky garments for the comfort of more pocket space for lenses and memory cards,
and everything looks local and new, like you jsut came into towna and grabbed a "Lake Tukawocka" Hoody from the local shop to "blend in"

I think cropped it would make an excellent avatar picture, and printed large would make an excellent photo for your wall. IF you are hand-holding anyway, I sometimes like to remove that little 70-200foot and save carrying the weight and bulk of it.

D

dbirdsong

I agree with Twig, every thing is cool with that picture except you need to learn to turn that lens hood around.. :)
The Hat makes you look like a REAL Paparazzi.. But we might have to ask Jonathan about that. :)

Dave

Terri,

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Actually, you look a lot like I do when I go out to shoot (I usually do remember to turn the hood around though ;-)).

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
Ya HAVE to turn the hat around, otherwise it interferes with the flash! And, hey, at least you had your lens hood with you in case you decided you wanted to use it....unlike some of us who leave ours in the bottom of the bag :wink: It should be a rule that no one is allowed to photograph a photographer anyway...if we wanted to be photographed, we wouldn't be hiding behind our cameras to begin with, LOL!

One positive thought

At least I haven't bought a photography vest yet. My husband keeps telling me he is going to buy me one, though!!!! If he does, I'll be selling it here on the forum. :p

sommer said:
It should be a rule that no one is allowed to photograph a photographer anyway...if we wanted to be photographed, we wouldn't be hiding behind our cameras to begin with, LOL!

I like that rule--just wait--I'll get back at my friend one of these days!!! Really, it is great to have a friend to share the hobby with. I don't know that many people who are in to photography.

D

dbirdsong

Re: One positive thought

Terri French said:
At least I haven't bought a photography vest yet. My husband keeps telling me he is going to buy me one, though!!!! If he does, I'll be selling it here on the forum. :p

Don't be so fast on selling the vest if your hubby buys you one.. They are great.. Much better than carrying the your gear around in a bag.

Re: One positive thought

dbirdsong said:
Terri French said:

Don't be so fast on selling the vest if your hubby buys you one.. They are great.. Much better than carrying the your gear around in a bag.

Well I have it even better than a vest. My husband carries my gear around for me!!!!

dbirdsong said:
I agree with Twig, every thing is cool with that picture except you need to learn to turn that lens hood around.. :)
The Hat makes you look like a REAL Paparazzi.. But we might have to ask Jonathan about that. :)

Dave

She has the look totally down!

Here's me at work!
185155742_l.jpg

I know--how embarrassing but, I have never claimed to be a REAL photographer anyway. Besides the hood--the turned hat is the WORST!!!!
LOL. The turned hat is funny, I used to do that too because it gets in the way when shooting verticals or with flash. But now I have one of those safari hats with a floppy brim that I wear when hiking, problem solved. Of course my wife says it looks even dorkier, but at least it offers good protection from the sun.

D

dbirdsong

Jonathan F/2 said:
dbirdsong said:

Dave

Here's me at work!
185155742_l.jpg

See I told you so! :)

Most of us have looked rather dorky taking photos at one time or another. Using that shot as an avatar is a great idea! Maybe that would remind you to always turn around the hood before shooting!

Jonathan F/2 said:
dbirdsong said:

Dave

Here's me at work!
185155742_l.jpg

Well Thanks Jonathan. If I look as cool as you I guess I'm not a dork. There is only one problem--you are young and cool. See I don't even have the lingo right--"cool" is probably a very dorky word!!! :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom