Paper Wasp - Too Close for Comfort

In my few years of shooting insects I have learned a few things. One of them is that a wasp away from it's nest, is much less of a threat than one near it's nest. Wasps that are on their nests are VERY temperamental. I decided to risk it tonight but he sure was eyeing me closely.
p1601120842-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p1601120982-5.jpg

p1601121336-5.jpg

Excellent work...!

Ya, I've noticed that they will even follow your movements if you get too close...! :eek:

These are amazing shots, Nate! I have very mixed feelings about these critters. They have such great patterns and detail to photograph, but then they eat my caterpillars. I have to say once more that these are great shots!

Great shots Nate! You have to be ready for a little sting if you are going to be that close.:eek::biggrin:

Yeah, I was definitely anticipating an attack.

Excellent work...!

Ya, I've noticed that they will even follow your movements if you get too close...! :eek:

Thanks. He was watching me very closely and, as you said, matching my movements.

These are amazing shots, Nate! I have very mixed feelings about these critters. They have such great patterns and detail to photograph, but then they eat my caterpillars. I have to say once more that these are great shots!

Thank you Dossy. I really appreciate it!!

Its been a great pleasure looking at the details in these pics.
Excelent Work
Nico

Thanks Nico!!

Terrific macro work. He doesn't appear too happy about modeling for you.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom