Paradise River

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by ddietiker, Sep 12, 2008.

1. MRNP, on the way up to Mazama Ridge. When my wife saw the picture, she thought this looked like a spot she would like to sit and eat lunch, so I called this the picnic.

I was thinking of cropping a little of the foreground. But after I do that, I don't like the feel of it as well.

2. A fine image, as always, Douglas. I agree with leaving it as is. Thanks for sharing.

3. There are many ways to comp this photo. I think your comp is the
    is great and I would leave it as is. Your photo has a great balance of
    water, plants and rock. Great job and thanks for posting Douglas.

http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com

Take care Dwayne Oakes

4. douglas,
    nice shot
    i'd ALSO leave it like it is

5. Douglas...love your picture...I 'm with your wife. It would be a great place for lunch for sure. Where is Mazama Ridge? Looks like a fab mountain valley
    Barb

6. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    As usual, a great image Douglas. I can't help wondering however about the line of rocks along the far edge -- the rocks look like someone arranged them:confused: .

7. Douglas: It is a very beautiful shot the way it is composed.
    For my taste, it seems to be a little bit low in contrast. If it was my photograph I would use curves to lift contrast in the highlights areas and then I would follow with slight burning-in of the rest of the scene.
    You could try it and see if you like the results.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

8. Thank you Tom

Thanks Dwayne

Thanks Greg

Thanks Barb, It is on the way up to paradise glacier at MRNP.

9. Thanks. Bob, I think the arranging was done by centuries (or thousands of years?) of water, snow and ice. Some of those rocks are boulders and they would have needed a helicopter to set them in there.

10. I've been messing around with the contrast William. The problem is adding more but not burning the whites in the water to badly. I havent come up with anything I like better yet, but I may play around a bit more.

11. Douglas,
    A lovely scene. I would leave it as is. It's finished in my opinion. Nice.

12. Thank you Jack.

13. Paradise River.

I agree Douglas. Lifting those highlights without clipping could be tricky. If you are using Photoshop CS3 your job could be a little easier following the histogram.
    It is a great shot Douglas worth the time you could spend improving it.
    Just my opinion.
    William.

14. A beautiful shot Douglas.

15. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Leave it as it. I like how your draw the viewers eye into the scenery. Very nicely done !

16. Bill N

Bill N Guest

I really like the shot as is, too, Douglas. I don't know why but, I wish some one would invent a smell-a-vision and a hear-a-vision plug-in. I would like to hear what the scene would sound like and would like to be able to take in the scent, I bet it was wonderful. I guess what I mean is that your photo really makes me want to be there. Nice!

17. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Well Done Douglas, had to check my feet to see if they were wet.

Love the flow downhill on this shot. I think the overall contrast is about right, maybe a touch more seemed to work OK in NX2 in quick mode, and I would make sure you mat this in black, helps with the whites popping and colors coming out a bit as your web border demonstrates so well

Well done.

18. I like it as it is. Very nice.

19. Thanks Louie

Thank you Robert

LOL, thanks Bill

Mine were wet Wade :)  I will probably play around a bit more, though I will go very lightly whatever I do

Thanks Anthony

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.